Arcane Warrior is a specialization available to Mage characters.
Restrictions: This specialization is not available at character creation. It can only be learned through roleplay with another individual on the board who has it, or with a special plot worked out with the staff in advance.
Arcane Warriors were common among the ancient elves, who used both magical and martial prowess to conquer the lands that were once part of their empire. Mages who trained in this were able to augment their natural strength with magic, making them a formidable opponent on the battlefield. They were utilized as guards for important locations or artifacts as well.
This particular set of skills was believed to be nothing but history, until the Warden stumbled over a trapped spirit in the Brecilian Forest. Since that discovery the skills have been passed on to a few members of the Grey Wardens, but it is unknown if there are other sources of this lost knowledge still left in the world.
Combat Skills Edit
- Combat Magic: The ability to channel magical energy in a way that makes it easier for the mage to engage in melee combat. This also allows the mage some basic knowledge of combat, that can be expanded upon through training. Casting while holding melee weapons becomes possible, though difficult and draining until more training is obtained.
- Novice proficiency in 2 weapon skills. For a list of skills, click here.
- Aura of Might: This ability gives the mage more strength and fortitude, allowing them to wield heavier weapons and wear heavier armor without a drain on their ability to cast.
- Medium and Heavy Armor proficiency.
- Intermediate proficiency in the 2 weapon skills taken.
- Shimmering Shield: The mage is able to create a shield that surrounds their allies and protects them from incoming damage of all types, magical and physical. This ability drains the energy of the mage quickly, and when overused can be a threat to the mage’s life.
- Fade Shroud: The mage now has the ability to both exist in the Fade and the physical world at the same time. This allows the mage to pull energy from the Fade to use in their spellcasting, though it will gain the attention of spirits and demons from the Fade. To be used with caution.
Non-Combat Skills Edit
This specialization grants the following non-combat skills at advanced levels, depending on your character's advancement in the specialization. These do not count toward your skills total.
- Stamina (Intermediate)
- Military Lore (Intermediate)
- Stamina (Expert)
- Might (Expert)