Berserker is a specialization available to Warrior characters.
Restrictions: None. This specialization is available to new players so long as the training is explained in their backstory. It may also be earned through roleplay.
The first berserkers were dwarves, channeling rage against their enemies in the Deep Roads. As time passed and some berserkers were exiled to the surface, other races were trained in this art.
A berserker channels their rage and anger to make themselves a nearly unstoppable force on the battlefield. They set the pace of combat, making it difficult for their enemies to stand toe to toe with them. Their heightened strength and durability will last until the battle is finished. It is not uncommon for a berserker to fight past the worst wounds, falling unconscious or even dead once the battle is ended.
For this reason, they must find balance between their commitment to battle and pushing themselves over an edge they may not return from.
Berserkers can come from all walks of life, and there are many who use this discipline among the Warrior Caste of dwarves, and the Ash Warriors of Ferelden. The latter having learned how to tune their battle fury alongside their mabari companions.
Combat Skills Edit
- Berserk: The heat of battle drives the berserker into a willing rage. While berserk, the warrior will become stronger and able to shrug off normal wounds as if they are just an annoyance. The downside to Berserk, is that without further training, coming out of this rage may prove difficult. It is also hard for a berserker to identify allies among their enemies.
- Resilience: The berserker is able to focus more through their rage, avoiding blows that could cause mortal wounds and able to continue fighting through crippling wounds.
- Adrenaline: The berserker gains a short burst of strength, allowing them to press an attack currently in stalemate or land a finishing blow to a particularly difficult enemy.
- Constraint: The berserker has greater control over their rage, able to more easily identify friend from foe, and retaining enough control to refrain from killing an enemy when the battle necessitates it.
- Barrage: The berserker is able to pick up speed, setting on an enemy quickly and with an frightening flurry of strikes.
- Final Blow: The berserker is able to channel all of their rage into a single unrelenting strike. This is almost always a mortal blow to the berserkers opponent.
- Death Blow: Whenever a berserker fells an enemy, they are filled with the glory of their kill. They will have renewed energy and be able to fight much longer than before.
Non-Combat Skills Edit
This specialization grants the following non-combat skills at advanced levels, depending on your character's advancement in the specialization. These do not count toward your skills total.
- Stamina (Expert)
- Stamina (Master)