Reaver is a specialization available to Warrior characters.
Restrictions: This specialization is restricted to second characters only at character creation. It may be learned through roleplay.
Reavers are some of the most feared warriors in all of Thedas. Like blood mages, reavers have made a pact in blood to gain abilities beyond the limits of their mortal bodies.
Reavers can make this pact in more than one way. The first is to make a pact directly with a demon, who grants the reaver their abilities after a blood sacrifice. This sacrifice must have importance to the Reaver and they both bathe and drink the blood of the one they have killed.
The second is to hunt down a mature or older dragon, killing the beast and drinking it’s blood in a ritual that infuses the beasts essence into the warrior.
Both of these paths thin the Veil, and while the Reaver uses his abilities, the whispering of demons -- whether or not they have bargained with one -- are often heard.
Combat Skills Edit
- Ring/Aura of Pain: The reaver is able to press their aura into th battlfield, causing spirit damage to themselves, their enemies, and their allies.
- Blood Frenzy: The reaver is accustomed to pain and welcomes its presence. The more wounded the reaver is, the stronger they become.
- Devour: The reavers feeds off the spiritual energy of nearby corpses, healing themselves and bolstering their attacks.
- Terrifying Fury: The reaver delights in destruction on the battlefield, their attacks often causing a gory mess that covers them in the ichor of his enemies. This can send enemies into a panic and make them flee.
- Sacrificial Frenzy: The reaver can cause wounds on their own body to increase their strength and speed on the battlefield.
- Scenting Blood: The smell of fresh blood bolsters the reaver, gaining a spiritual surge to strength and speed.
- Dragon-Rage: The reaver is able to temporarily tap into the spiritual energy of their blood pact, becoming a whirlwind of death on the battlefield. While the reaver deals much more damage in this state, they are also more susceptible to damage from their foes.
Non-Combat Skills Edit
This specialization grants the following non-combat skills at advanced levels, depending on your character's advancement in the specialization. These do not count toward your skills total.
- Stamina (Expert)
- Stamina (Master)