Tempest is a specialization available to Rogue characters.
Restrictions: None. This specialization is available to new players so long as the training is explained in their backstory. It may also be earned through roleplay.
"They expect folly in the Tempest and are fooled, for there is no madness in knowing the absolute limit of ability and charging to that edge. Wars may be a tactical affair, but the one-on-one meeting of combatants is decided by the one who first realizes they are in mortal peril and commits fully. Many reach that point; the Tempest starts there. By the time their foes have risen to match, it is too late."
-- Passage from "Of Storms: Notes on the Tempest in Practice"
These unpredictable experts specialize in using alchemical mixtures that wreathe them in frost or flame. Fast, chaotic, and possibly mad, they wade into the fight and dare enemies to face the storm.
Combat Skills Edit
- Flask of Frost: Tempests have a high tolerance for cold--or they're too unhinged to care--and as such can coat their armor in a thick coating of ice that helps protect them even further.
- Flask of Fire: Many rumors abound as to what is actually contained in this flask, but the mixture is a tightly-kept secret amongst Tempests. One sip and the imbiber's veins burn with fire as their heart pumps in double time, allowing them to move and act without expending nearly as much energy.
- Single Weapon (Dagger or Sword) at Expert skill level.
- Flask of Lightning: As if reacting to an electrical current, the Tempest's muscles seize and then loosen when drinking this flask, allowing them to move much faster than before, the sudden burst of speed confusing their enemies.
- Thousand Cuts: The Tempest--typically while under the effects of the Flask of Lightning--dashes toward their opponent, darting around them as their blade nicks away at their armor and skin. While no one cut is lethal, the sheer number of wounds inflicted can become a problem very quickly.
Non-Combat Skills Edit
This specialization grants the following non-combat skills at advanced levels, depending on your character's advancement in the specialization. These do not count toward your skills total.
- Alchemy (Expert)
- Alchemy (Master)